The SEC announced its players of the week today.
Jaycee Horn was named Co-Defensive player of the week after his huge performance against Auburn. From SECSports.com
Jaycee Horn, DB, South Carolina
- Horn had the best game of his career in Carolina's 30-22 win over Auburn.
- The junior cornerback recorded a pair of interceptions, the first two of his career, and deflected a pass leading to a third interception for the Gamecocks.
- All three picks were turned into touchdowns.
- He was credited with an additional four pass breakups and logged three tackles in the contest.
The gamecocks also took home the special teams players of the week.
Kai Kroeger, P, South Carolina
- The freshman punter had the best day of his brief career, punting five times for a 48.4-yard average, including a career-best 53-yarder in the Gamecocks' 30-22 win over Auburn.
- Three of his five punts were downed inside the 20, at the 2, 7 and 19-yard lines.
- He had a net punting average of 44.4 yards in the contest after entering the game with just a net of 33.1 yards per punt this season.