The Presbyterian College baseball team rallied with two runs in the eighth and three more in the ninth inning to stun No. 1 Seed Campbell by the score of 8-5 in the 2021 Ingles Big South Baseball Championship. Presbyterian has earned the automatic bid to the 2021 NCAA Baseball Championship
FINAL SCORE: No. 4 Presbyterian 8, No. 1 Campbell 5
LOCATION: Segra Stadium (Fayetteville, N.C.)
RECORDS: Presbyterian (22-21) | Campbell (35-16)
W:Alex Flood (1-2) | L: Logan Heintzman (6-1) | Save: Eric Toth (8)
- Presbyterian recorded the baseball program's first Big South Championship as it was just its second appearance in the title game. PC had played in the 2017 title game.
- It is the Blue Hose's second Big South Championship as an athletic department during the 2020-21 season as men's tennis won the league's title last month in Charlotte.
- The Blue Hose were led offensively by Eric Toth who had two hits including his eighth home run of the season and also drove in four runs.
- Toth also finished the championship off for the Blue Hose recording a perfect ninth inning with a strikeout to record his eighth save of the 2021 season. He moved into sole possession of third in the Blue Hose single-season DI record book with his eighth save on Saturday.
- Zacchaeus Rasberry added a hit and a pair of RBIs in the contest. Rasberry extended his reached base streak to 22 games in a row.